Thursday, June 20, 2013

Gandolfini reactions

Gandolfini reactions, The death of James Gandolfini, the actor and “Sopranos” star who died Wednesday, has elicited an outpouring of reactions from friends, colleagues and other performers who were associated with his work. Among those who have offered their remembrances:

David Chase, the creator and show runner of “The Sopranos”:

“He was a genius. Anyone who saw him even in the smallest of his performances knows that. He is one of the greatest actors of this or any time. A great deal of that genius resided in those sad eyes. I remember telling him many times: ‘You don’t get it. You’re like Mozart.’ There would be silence at the other end of the phone. For Deborah [Mr. Gandolfini's wife] and Michael and Liliana [his children] this is crushing. And it’s bad for the rest of the world. He wasn’t easy sometimes. But he was my partner, he was my brother in ways I can’t explain and never will be able to explain.”

Edie Falco, who played Tony Soprano’s wife, Carmela, on “The Sopranos”:

“I am shocked and devastated by Jim’s passing. He was a man of tremendous depth and sensitivity, with a kindness and generosity beyond words. I consider myself very lucky to have spent 10 years as his close colleague. My heart goes out to his family. As those of us in his pretend one hold on to the memories of our intense and beautiful time together. The love between Tony and Carmela was one of the greatest I’ve ever known.”

Michael Imperioli, the “Sopranos” co-star who played Christopher Moltisanti:

“Jimmy treated us all like family with a generosity, loyalty and compassion that is rare in this world. Working with him was a pleasure and a privilege. I will be forever grateful having had a friend the likes of Jimmy.”

Lorraine Bracco, who played Tony Soprano’s psychiatrist, Dr. Jennifer Melfi, on “The Sopranos”:

“We lost a giant today. I am utterly heartbroken.”


Jeff Daniels, who starred with Mr. Gandolfini in the Broadway production of “God of Carnage”:

“If Broadway has a version of a guy you want in your foxhole, Jim Gandolfini was mine. During our time together in ‘God of Carnage,’ we played 320 performances together. He didn’t miss one. Sadly, I now miss him like a brother.”

Brad Grey, chairman of Paramount Pictures and an executive producer of “The Sopranos”:

“Jimmy was one of the most talented, authentic and vulnerable actors of our time. He was unorthodox and truly special in so many ways. He had the sex appeal of Steve McQueen or Brando in his prime as well as the comedic genius of Jackie Gleason. I’m proud to have been his friend and grateful for the extraordinary years I was lucky enough to work with him. My heart and support goes out to his wonderful and loving family.”

Patricia Arquette, who starred with Mr. Gandolfini in the 1993 film “True Romance”:

“My heart goes out to his family. James was incredibly talented, and I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to work with him. He was very committed during the shooting of ‘True Romance.’ I remember Tony Scott saying he slept in his suit in his car to stay in character. His work as Tony Soprano was flawless. It is a real loss to the creative community.”

Brad Pitt, who starred with Mr. Gandolfini in films like “True Romance” and “Killing Them Softly”:

“I admire Jimmy as a ferocious actor, a gentle soul and a genuinely funny man. I am fortunate to have sat across the table from him and am gutted by this loss. I wish his family strength and some semblance of peace.”

The members of the rock band Journey, whose song “Don’t Stop Believin’” was played in the final scene of “The Sopranos”:

“It’s truly an honor to have been able to share one of the greatest moments ever in TV history with James Gandolfini. He was an amazing actor — taken way too young — and he’ll be missed. Our condolences go out to his family.”

thumbnail
Title: Gandolfini reactions
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Post by

Related articles :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2016. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy